Engineering Manager - Hydropower - Turkey
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering
Discipline: Civil, Structural, Hydraulic, Dam, Hydropower
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
A crucial role for an “Owner’s” Engineering Manager has come to fruition for a large scale Hydropower Project in Turkey for an assignment of 2 years to start Immediately. The client is a leading Power company and one of the largest generators of renewable energy in the world and they are in the process of strengthening the onsite-project management capabilities and require a high calibre candidate that will be reporting to the Project Manager / Director.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities relating to engineering.
- Direct and coordinate production, quality assurance and timely delivery of design deliverables
- Direct, review, or approve project design changes.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Confer with management, functional expertise, HSE and Operations & Maintenance staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Review, recommend, or approve contracts or cost estimates.
- Consult or negotiate with engineering consultants to prepare project specifications, design works, detailed designs, etc.
- Prepare budgets, bids, or contracts.
- Assess project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, and market demand.
- Lead and develop team of engineers/technical managers.
- Drive team performance to highest achievable standards
- Extensive experience from planning, design and engineering of hydropower projects
- Leadership/management experience from similar roles
- Experience from being part of and leading international project teams
- Broad knowledge of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering including transmission, and with deep subject matter expertise in at least one of the disciplines.
- Commercial aptitude and experience from contracting and management of service providers/consulting companies.
- Strong HSE mindset and ability to drive our Safety Culture across the Project
The Basic Starting Salary is an incredible +150,000 USD NET per annum, for the right candidate they would be prepared to increase the starting salary although this depends entirely on experience & Qualifications. Package also includes excellent Insurance and Medical Benefits and on site accommodation is provided.