Project Director Environment - France
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering, Recruitment
Salary: 60k - 100k
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
A reputable, well-established Engineering & Infrastructure consultancy are widening their team and looking to hire an experienced environmental expert for their Water, Africa & Middle East division.
Their projects in the field of environment aspects are for public and private projects of different scales from upstream to implementation. The team covers environmental and social impact studies, biodiversity studies, environmental management plan and social, stakeholder engagement plan, action and resettlement plan, industrial risk studies, studies related to climate change. The team’s work is oriented abroad, mainly in Asia and Africa. You will carry out and supervise teams in the context of often large-scale projects and bring environmental and ecological expertise. The projects relate to renewable energy including hydropower & solar and also maritime & industrial facilities.
Your responsibilities are:
- You will take the lead of business as well as customer relations as a whole, from commercial prospecting to the successful completion of projects.
- You will ensure the technical, contractual and financial responsibility for the projects entrusted as well as the assembly of technical and commercial offers.
- Within these projects you will coordinate multidisciplinary teams of Engineers and experts in France and abroad from our technical teams, you will also manage subcontractors and coordinate co-contractors.
- You are also associated with the France and Export business approach of the activity, and in this context you are in charge of preparing offers, monitoring customers and partners, developing your network, and part of the commercial development of your business with our customers and partners.
- Particular interest will be given to projects related to climate change. You will participate in the internal sustainable development process.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental studies, at a senior level. Ideally for projects including renewable energy projects and some experience within a consulting environmental.
- Degree or equivalent in the environmental or social field. An Engineering history would also be considered.
- Experience working on international projects and international E&S standards involving projects sponsors and investment.
- You will hold an active interest in climate change activities.
- Fluent in French and English, spoken and written.
What they will offer you:
Gross salary: up to €80,000 Euro’s per annum negotiable depending on experience & qualifications. They offer highly competitive and desirable social package including: Bonus, Profit sharing, Family Healthcare, Pension, 5 weeks paid leave, Flexible benefit scheme and potential relocation costs for the chosen candidate.
The Plan Team | Plan Recruit Ltd