Project Manager - Hydropower - Nepal
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering
Discipline: Civil, Structural, Construction Manager, Dam, Hydropower, Chief Resident Engineer, Site Manager
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Contract
Inviting interest for a Project Manager for a Hydropower project to be based in Nepal for an assignment of at least a year, this is an urgent role that requires immediate attention.
The Project Manager shall be responsible for all aspects of project execution including:
- Proper performance and management of design,
- Construction supervision,
- Environmental protection,
- Training of personnel,
- Project startup and testing,
- Operations and maintenance in accordance with the Agreement.
The Project Manager shall report directly to the Client. The Consultant is responsible for liaison in the field between the Client and the Contractors.
The Project Manager should have
- Minimum a graduate degree in Civil Engineering or Hydropower Engineering and preferably a master's degree in the field of Hydropower Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Construction Management or Water Resources or Structural Engineering.
- He/she should have minimum 20 years’ experience and preferably 15 years of specific experience in the field of project management,
- Design and construction supervision of hydropower and/or water resources projects involving major underground work, rock tunnels, tunnel linings, intakes and related structures.
- He/She should have an experience as a Project Manager or Chief Resident Engineer or Team Leader in construction Supervision of at least one hydropower project of minimum capacity of ,100 MW.
- He/She should be permanent or full-time staff of the Consultant and should be from lead firm in case of Joint Venture
- Powerhouse experience is essential.
- In addition to the above our strong preference would be for somebody with experience from E&M installation phase on hydro projects, preferably in underground power stations.
- Experience with FIDIC Contract also an advantage.
They are offering an incredible package of Basic salary of +18,000 USD Gross per Month (depending on experience), Travel days are compensated, Accommodation is provided, Medical Insurance, Health Insurance, 3 x Flights per annum and Site Transportation