Section Engineer - Electrical Equipment, Instrumentation and Control (Section Engineer EIC) - Egypt
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering
Discipline: Electrical Engineers, Hydropower
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Contract
A highly experienced Infrastructure consultancy is currently looking for a Section Engineer - Electrical Equipment, Instrumentation and Control (Section Engineer EIC) for a Hydropower Plant Project based in Egypt for a duration of 18 months to commence in April’16.
Position and duties in the works supervision team:
They will be in charge of supervision of all Electrical, instrumentation and control construction works at the Dam / Power Plant and navigation lock on the Nile river (Egypt). The Section Engineer EIC will be integrated in the resident team of Dam Development Consultant Consortium (Owner’s engineer) in charge of supervision of works, they will work under the authority of the Consultant’s Resident Site Manager (appointed by the Leader) and will report to him. Regular contact will be also maintained with the clients head office. The Section Engineer will be assisted by three Assistant Section Engineers: Assistant Section Engineer Electrical Equipment, Assistant Section Engineer Instrumentation and Control and Assistant Section Engineer Switchyard.
Tasks to be carried out :
The Section Engineer EIC will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supervision of erection and commissioning works on all (LV MV HV) Electrical equipment, and all Control command and SCADA equipment, including (list not extensive):
- Checking of material delivery at Site
- Checking of conformity of erection and commissioning according to: Contract requirement, approved detailed design, Standards (IEC…), good practice…
- Assist and approval of dry tests (sometimes called also mock test or no power test)
- Assist and approval of wet tests (sometime called real test) during commissioning
- Writing list of outstanding item
- Checking status of work for Contractor payments
- Instruction and follow up of all Contractual points/claims with the Contractor and/or with the Client (HPPEA and RGBS) related to Electrical and Control Command works (without support from Head Office), will receive all Contractor and Client letters and should answer to these letter, should notify by letter to the Contractor any deviation from the Contract
- Acceptance of the works and elaboration of the defect lists (outstanding points) to the Provisional Acceptance Certificate, with the help of the local Egyptian Electrical Supervisors.
- Extensive experience in Supervision of Electrical commissioning in Hydroelectric turbine and/or High voltage switchyards, including Contractual relation with Contractor
- BSc or equivalent qualification in Electrical field
- Minimum 22 years of professional experience (Category 1 of Contract for Consultancy Services). Priority will be given to candidates with at least 22 years of experience. Lower experience could be considered eventually but would necessitate a specific approval by the Client.
- Language: English (speaking and writing) is mandatory, French language would be appreciated.
The Salary, Package & Benefits:
The Basic Salary on offer is +14,000 Euros NET per month (depending on experience) / Accommodation is provided / Marital Status position / 4 x Return Air Tickets
Full Job spec available on Request