Senior Civil Hydropower Engineer - Singapore
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering
Discipline: Civil, Structural, Hydropower
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Due to an increase in demand a Senior Civil Hydropower Engineer is required for a growing renewable team in Singapore who are involved in medium to large scale Hydropower projects on an international scale, its critical the candidate has international experience specific to Hydropower.
A background in civil engineering and previous experience with a hydropower consultancy is essential. The candidate will need to understand the interaction between the various disciplines and be able to programme inputs in a timely fashion and motivate staff around him or her both in the office and on site. The candidate must be keen to join a dynamic team working on major hydropower developments worldwide.
This is a superb opportunity to work in a prestigious country that is the gateway to Asia and its surrounding beauty, Singapore can offer a clean and friendly surroundings with a cosmopolitan environment that is the centre of a booming renewable energy and Hydropower industry.
Main Responsibilities -
- Build and maintain client relationships and inform them of clients hydro capabilities
- Organise the required inputs for feasibility studies
- Proposal preparation
- Project management
- Design review
- Detail design
- Oversee civil installation and commissioning ensuring schemes comply with design specifications and contractual arrangements
The Senior Civil Hydropower Engineer would work as part of the multi-disciplinary hydro division alongside engineers of various disciplines. Overseas travel would be expected including visits to remote locations with small term periods overseas may be required. You will need to have a practical “hands on” approach, be well organised and have excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate MUST have –
- Master degree in a civil engineering discipline
- Extensive experience in the Power Generation industry
- Experienced Civil Engineer in large Hydropower Schemes
- Previous experience working with a hydropower consultant
- Experience of feasibility studies, engineering calculations and design review
- Project Management experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Flexible working attitudes
- Team player
- International experience
They are offering an excellent package 160,000 – 190,000 Singapore Dollars Gross per annum (Depending on experience) with a Relocation Allowance, Life Assurance & Medical Insurance.