Senior / Principal Dams Engineer - Australia (State of Queensland)
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering
Discipline: Civil, Structural, Hydraulic, Dam, Hydropower
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
A major international water infrastructure firm is hiring a Senior / Principal Dams’ Engineer for one of their offices in the state of Queensland in Australia to begin immediately, Australian experience is preferable as well as business development management. They’re a multi-disciplinary organisation providing planning, design and construction management experience for all types of water related structures.
Primary Purpose of the role:
- Contribute to company goals by providing technical leadership in specialist areas of Dams engineering.
- Act as project director and/or work with various Project Managers to provide technical leadership to project teams to ensure that technical delivery in terms of profit, schedule, scope, risk and quality meets both the client’s and companies’ expectations for all projects
- Develop strategic business opportunities to shape company business.
- Provide expertise to internal and external clients in design processes including feasibility, risk and options analysis, cost estimation, problem solving, report writing, contract documentation, technical advice during construction and commissioning
- Provide national structural engineering technical leadership on projects.
- Understand the current and future market and business conditions, revenue and profit potential, and major clients and competitors in the Asia Pacific.
- Develop, identify and act on business opportunities for the company by use of your speciality and reputation.
- Assist project teams in the evaluation of risks and in the preparation and presentation of documents for management risk review.
- Assist in the positioning and pursuit of targeted opportunities;
- Act as a mentor for technical staff.
- Complete work in accordance with the Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
- Satisfaction of internal clients with the quality of advice and support received (measures to be defined).
- Contribution to company culture and values.
- Contribution to successful sales and marketing strategies within the company.
- Cooperation and teamwork with Regional Directors and global Dams and Hydro team.
- Adherence to company policies, procedures, and risk management philosophy.
Salary and Package:
An outstanding reputation as being the Market leader with a Basic Salary on offer of +190,000 AUD Gross per annum (depending on experience, Potential Business & Interview); Relocation Allowance of 15,000 AUD; Potential Bonus; Flexible Benefit Scheme; Visa Support and Superannuation.