Senior Resident Dam Engineer - Malaysia
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering
Discipline: Civil, Structural, Hydraulic, Dam, Geotechnical Engineers, Hydropower, Resident Engineer
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Full time, Permanent, Contract
Senior Resident Dam Engineer – Malaysia
A major Infrastructure business providing Project Management and Construction Supervision services for a Hydroelectric & RCC Dam project in Malaysia is looking to a recruit a Senior Resident Dam Engineer for a duration of 4 years at the start of 2018.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for managing the construction activities associated with the construction by the contractor of the diversion Tunnel, Dam, Barrage, Spillways and appurtenant structures of the project and lead a team of site engineer’s and construction inspectors.
Qualifications Required –
- B.Sc. or higher degree in civil engineering;
- Membership of a professional institution;
- 25 years’ experience in construction/contract management of dam or other related major civil infrastructure projects;
- Experience RCC dam construction;
- Ability to lead a team of civil engineers and construction supervision personnel;
- Familiarity with FIDIC form of contracts and Project Management software;
- Work experience on projects in developing countries;
- Experience in working in multi‐national and multi‐disciplinary work teams.
- Fluency in communicating in the English language; and
- Good report writing skills.
Relevant Experience for Assignment –
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Project Manager, Chief Resident Engineer and the Contractor to undertake construction activities as per the Construction Schedule;
- Lead construction supervision team tasked with the construction supervision of the diversion tunnel, dam, barrage, spillways and appurtenant works;
- Monitor the quality of the RCC and conventional concrete produced, placed and compacted for the construction of the civil works;
- Monitor and report construction progress and take appropriate action to ensure that the works are being constructed in accordance with the Technical Specifications of the Construction Contract and the agreed Construction Schedule;
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with the project management plans including the Environmental Management Plan and other requirements under the Construction Contract;
- Check and process requests for progress payments submitted by the Contractor;
- Deal with technical issues which may arise as a result of unforeseen site conditions;
- Assist the Chief Resident Engineer and the Contracts Manager in resolving claims and disputes which may arise with the Contractor during the course of execution of the project;
- Attend regular progress meetings with the Contractor, Client and other Stakeholders; and
- Prepare project progress reports and project construction reports including O&M manuals and the Project Completion Report.
Salary & Package
They are offering a Basic Salary of 11,500+ AUD NET per month / Accommodation Provided / Marital Status / Return Air Ticket Per Annum / Health & Medical Insurance / Relocation Costs / Site Transportation / Education Allowance of 40,000 Australian Dollars per annum Total.
The Plan Team | Plan Recruit Ltd