Technical Director - Dam Project - Canada
Sector: Hydropower / Dam Engineering
Discipline: Civil, Structural, Hydraulic, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Dam, Hydropower
Region: North America
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Contract
Technical Director - Dam Project – Canada
A leading Infrastructure and Renewable energy specialist is looking for a Technical Director for a Dam Construction project in Canada to start Immediately.
The candidate will be responsible for the design development and management of the design project on a major design & build Dam construction project in either tender or project execution stages. As Technical services Manager you will ensure that appropriate design resources are in place to deliver design information that complies with the clients requirement and is within program and costs constraints.
- Establish & implement the agreed design management strategy and procedures for the project.
- Provides technical support in order to ensure proper execution of the project.
- Analysis project modifications or changes and proposes alternative technical solutions.
- Read project specifications and works with the necessary specifications, controls, tests to ensure the timely execution of the project.
- Supervise the development planning phases and monitors progress.
- Prepare reports showing calculations, measurements and results of specific project works.
- Prepares and keeps the technical documentation of the work file.
- Work with Design Team members (internal & external) to provide an effective design management service for the project.
- Manage the coordination of design between the third party designers, client and construction team
- Provide Quality Assurance and Technical Design review of Consultants and other professional staff (engineers, technologists, structural, civil, architecture, landscape, etc) drawings, specifications and other deliverables.
- Ensure the project team is working to the agreed design drawings and specifications and conduct on site review of installations to ensure compliance to “design” specifications.
- Provide direction, management and/or supervision/support to project design related staff (engineers, technologists, structural, civil, architecture, landscape etc.) and subcontract partners.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, Provincial and local laws, particularly applicable Occupational Health & Safety Acts / Construction Safety Act regulations and environmental requirements.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous Design and Build project experience.
- Computer literate with CAD skills/knowledge.
- Ability to understand and work with engineering and technical drawings as well as Project schedules.
- Minimum 10 years experience of design and design management.
- International experience working in a Joint Venture environment would be considered beneficial.
- University Degree Engineering level qualification.
Salary & Package:
The Salary Banding is 200,000 CAD Gross per annum & Site Uplift (potential of 20%) depending on experience, Rotation of 14 / 7, Camp Accommodation or Housing Allowance of 2,000 CAD monthly, Return Air Tickets and full employer paid benefits.
Full Job spec available on request
The Plan Team | Plan Recruit Ltd